Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some thoughts on 2.0

The most startling thing I learned with these 2.0 steps is how opinionated I am about what I want in my library and what I do NOT want. I thought I would be more tentative because I am so new to this profession, but as I went through 2.0, I found things I will NOT use in the library, things I plan to use, and things I have already used.
I KNOW I will use image generators. I KNOW I will use Wordle and other "fun" technology that will help the librarian be visually inviting to the students. These things I have discovered through 2.0. At the same time, I can't say I WON'T use other applications, but right now, I don't see an application for Skype and blogs in Murray High School Media Center as it exists right now. At the same time, I realize the danger of saying "never" because times change. The nature of MHS library might be entirely different in two years than it is right now. Technology is changing so very quickly, and I am committed to keep the library up-to-date with applicable technological advantages. I appreciate having exposure to those things so that if the opportunity presents itself, I can implement them as part of my library program.
I have appreciated hearing the class opinions as to what they see is applicable. Although many of the opinions are different from how I feel, they have helped me see applications and possibilities that I could never have thought of on my own.Thanks for all of your input. My library will be better because of 2.0 and all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment