Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Online applications and Tools

This week we looked into online applications such as ZoHo and Google Docs. Google Docs was my favorite. I wonder why I even bothered to buy Microsoft Office Suite after looking at Google Docs. I especially like how I can access my documents from any computer when I use this online application. My very favorite part of Google Docs was the templates. I have this "thing" about templates. I usually don't use the template itself because it isn't structured exactly like I usually need, but I like to use it as a catalyst for designing my own page layout.
I also explored the Web 2.0 Awards list. When I first went to the list, I was expecting five or six websites. Instead, I got a long list with a wide variety of topics. My favorite site wasn't even a winner--it got an honorable mention. It is http://www.onesentence.org. This URL leads to single sentences that are hysterical--but then I am a word person. I love to see what others do with words.
Another site I liked from the awards list is http://wufoo.com/. Wufoo makes surveys and sends them online to people you want to question. It has a wide variety of options. I especially like how many of the examples are humorous. I plan to use this site when I plan my family reunion this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment